Yuvraj Singh hit six sixes in an over from Stuart Broad today (September 19). Now 16 years have passed since this memorable incident. Let’s know about the batsmen who have hit six consecutive sixes in 20 overs, 50 overs or recognized first-class cricket.
September 19th is a very special day in cricket history. On this day 16 years ago, the Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh made history in Durban. Yuvraj hit six sixes in one inning during the match against England at the 2007 T20 World Cup. Yuvraj was the first batsman to hit six sixes in an over in the T20 International.
Although 16 years have passed since this memorable incident, Indian fans will never be able to forget this moment. Let’s know about the batsmen who have hit six consecutive sixes in 20 overs, 50 overs or recognized first-class cricket…
1.Gary Sobers (First-class Cricket): Sir Gary Sobers first accomplished this feat 55 years ago. An incredible achievement was added to the name of Sir Gary Sobers on August 31, 1968. While playing for Nottinghamshire in the English county, he hit 6 sixes in all 6 balls of Glamorgan’s Malcolm Nash’s Over.
2. Ravi Shastri (First-class cricket): After 17 years, on 10 August 1985, Ravi Shastri reached Sir Gary. When he hit six of all the balls of Tilak Raj in Ranji’s match against Baroda.
3. Herschelle Gibbs (ODI International): South African batsman Herschelle Gibbs was the first batsman to hit 6 sixes in an over in the ODI International. He accomplished this feat on 16 March in the 2007 ODI World Cup match. Then in St. Kitts he sent all six balls of the overs of Dan van Bunge from the Netherlands off the ground.
4. Yuvraj Singh (T-20 International): Yuvraj Singh, one of the most dangerous batsmen in the cricket world, became the fourth batsman to do so. While he became the second batsman in international cricket. On 19 September 2007, Yuvraj targeted Stuart Broad in the T-20 World Cup match against England. Shortly before the match, Andrew Flintoff made obscene gestures to Yuvraj, to which he responded by hitting six sixes.
5. Jordan Clarke (2nd XI Match): Lancashire all-rounder Jordan Clarke was the fifth professional cricketer to achieve this feat. On 24 April 2013, he fell victim to balls from Gurman Randhawa in the match of the second XI against Yorkshire.
6. Alex Hales (NatWest T20 Blast): While playing for Nottinghamshire, Alex Hales hit six consecutive sixes in a different style on 15 May 2015. In the NatWest T-20 Blast tournament, Hales also hit six from the last two balls after a six off the fourth ball of Boyd Rankin’s 11th over. When he scored again on the second ball of the next overs, he again hit 3 sixes in a row. In addition, he needed two balances to hit six consecutive sixes.
7. Ross Whitley (NatWest T20 Blast): Ross Whitley hit 6 sixes in consecutive balls at the NatWest T20 Blast tournament a few days ago (July 2017). He did this while playing for Warwickshire.
8. Misbah Ul Haq (Hong Kong T20 Blitz): Misbah Ul Haq hit six consecutive balls in the T20 league, which was held in Hong Kong in 2017. But his six came in the 19th and 20th innings.
9. Kieron Pollard (T20 Big Bash Preliminary Match): Caribbean batsman Kieron Pollard also hit six consecutive sixes when playing for the Adelaide forward in 2014. But this was a Big Bash League friendly match.
10. Ravindra Jadeja (Interdistrict T20 Tournament): Ravindra Jadeja accomplished the feat of hitting 6 consecutive sixes in 1 at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Interdistrict T20 tournament in 2017. Jadeja performed this miracle at the end of the bowler Neelam Vamja.
11. Hazratullah Zazai (T20): Afghanistan’s Hazratullah Zazai accomplished this feat in 2018. While playing for Kabul Jawanaan in the Afghanistan Premier League (APL) T-20, he hit 6 sixes on a goal by legendary Balkh player Abdullah Mazari.
12. Ollie Davis (Under 19): Kangaroo batsman Ollie Davis hit six sixes in the final during his record double century at the 2018 men’s national Under-19 Championship organised by Cricket Australia at the Adelaide Ground.
13. Leo Carter (T20): New Zealand cricket team Canterbury batsman Leo Carter has hit six sixes in one match in 2020. Carter hit six sixes in the Over of Northern Districts spinner Anton Devcic at the T20 Super Smash tournament at the Hagley Oval Ground in Christchurch.
14. Kieron Pollard (T20 International): Caribbean batsman Kieron Pollard has achieved the feat of hitting 6 sixes in one over at the T20 International against Sri Lanka in Antigua (March 2021). Pollard was only the second batsman in T20 International history to accomplish this feat after Yuvraj Singh.
15. Thisara Perera (List-a Cricket): Sri Lanka’s versatile Perera, who played for Army Sports CC in 2021, hit six sixes against Bloomfield Cricket and Athletic Club. Perera reached the half-century mark with only 13 balls in this match, which was the second fastest half-century in List A cricket.
16. Jaskaran Malhotra (ODI International): Indian-born American cricketer Jaskaran Malhotra hit six sixes in one innings in the ODI international match against Papua New Guinea in September 2021. In this match, Jaskaran performed this feat in the 50th round on the balls of the middle pacemaker Gaudi Toka.
17. Rituraj Gaikwad (List-A Cricket): Last year at the Vijay Hazare Trophy, Rituraj Gaikwad from Maharashtra hit seven sixes in an over from Shiva Singh against UP. There was also a no-ball in that innings, sent off by Rituraj for six runs. Rituraj was the first batter to hit seven sixes in an inning.